Tuesday, December 27, 2011

140 Character Year in Review

Well it's been long overdue so here's a year in review. I'm typing from my new snazzy, dazzy iPad so it's going to be short. I've been in the south over two years now. I haven't fit in and I guess it shows. My boss in the past few months told me I should move back up north. I've found a fellow Jets fan but I kind of don't want to claim him. My favorite line of his, not to me, "Excuse me, do you mind if I ask you if you have an eating disorder?" Yeah, this is what I'm up against. He's not doing my state well. I've also been called a NY pizza snob but it was supposed to be a compliment....Even so I have truly enjoyed Nashville as a city. Austin may claim to be Music City but Nashville still rules. Did you know the Nash is the last place to have giant commercial buildings filled with songwriters trying to make a buck in a cubicle? It's one of a kind. Other news, I half-heartedly joined a running group, took hula, sewing and signed up for cooking classes. I lost my 20's feline companion and gained another. Finally, I may not have gotten the promotion at work but I have been on an epic winning spree; jeans, $200 in groceries, fashion show tix, brewers night tix, retweet by Mayer Hawthorne and I got my friend nominated for a magazine mini-spread!


My resolutions as of the today are suit up for work, find a new job, reintroduce weekly Friday happy hour, monthly bunching, destress and continue on the weight loss train. Finally, I plan on keeping up the blog. Here's to 2012!!!

No comments: